March Public Forum
UPDATE: Please view the recorded video and audio from this event here: https://freshwaterfuture.webex.com/mw3200/mywebex/nbrshared.do
Here are some of the actions that our speakers invited you to participate in:
1. Karen Rathwell, Wellington Water Watchers - Email the Ontario premier to say no to Nestlé and phase out bottled water takings
2. Peggy Case, Michigan Citizens for Water Conservation - Write a letter to the Michigan DEQ about the Rule Changes on Injection Wells
3. Emma Lui, Council of Canadians: Write a letter to Prime Minister Trudeau to end Drinking Water Advisories in First Nations
4. Lila Cabbil, Detroit People's Water Board: Follow the Detroit People’s Water Board to learn how you can support stopping water shut offs.
Here are 10 other action ideas you can take in your community to make a difference and join hundreds of others by adding your support to the Great Lakes Commons Charter.
Water is Life: continuing to strengthen a Great Lakes Commons
Info:There will be six community leaders speaking for the 1st hour and then 30 min for Q & A.
- Lila Cabbil, Detroit People's Water Board
- Desmond Berry, Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians
- Peggy Case, Michigan Citizens for Water Conservation
- Emma Lui, Council of Canadians
- Karen Rathwell, Wellington Water Watchers
- Other speakers tbc
- Facilitated by Paul Baines, Great Lakes Commons